A place to capture my struggles and achievements throughout my technology journey.
Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Reflecting on website evaluation
Overall, I thought the website evaluation process was a good way to determine the quality of a website. I think it was very helpful to have criteria to compare the website to determine if the website was credible. However, because it was more of a checklist of criteria, it was difficult to convey the website's quality as a whole. The website may have partially fit one of the criterion. In this case, I had difficulty deciding whether to say "yes, it had it" or "no, it did not." While there was space to provide comments, I sometimes felt like it was difficult to state specifically why a certain criterion was not met. Also, not all of the criteria was relevant to the website. For example, my website's author and publisher were the same so it made that part seem repetitive. The activity did help me find a great website to use and did confirm it's credibility. A suggestion I have for the next time this activity is given is I would have students share the website they studied. I did this in one of my prior classes in a small group, and instead of only learning about one website, we each learned about five.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment