I thought I knew a lot about digital images before this course, however, I have realized that I actually knew very little. When I have posted pictures onto the internet in the past, I have always just taken them from my camera and put them directly on the web or taken them off of one website and moved them to another. I did not realize that the resolution was so important. To become more familiar with working with digital images, our class was separated into small groups to go on a scavenger hunt. We were given a list of shapes that we must find around campus. With our phones, we took pictures of items that were one of the shapes listed. Once we found all the pictures, we had to upload them to the computer and change the size and resolution. We also had to rename the pictures using all lower case letters and an underscore to separate the words. This was for easy retrieval and organization. Once we had all our photos resized and renamed in a folder, we used Google presentation to put all our photos in a slideshow and share with on our website. Now I know that for pictures to be the best quality on the internet, they need to be set to 72. If not, it can take a very long time to load because the picture is so big. I have always wondered when I am on certain websites why it takes so long for some pictures to load. I become frustrated because I have to wait. Now I know how to fix this so when people come look at websites I create they will not get so frustrated.

No comments:
Post a Comment