Friday, March 15, 2013

Flipcharts

Flipchart is a very new idea for me. Prior to this technology class, I had never heard about or seen a flipchart. I have always found PowerPoints to be lacking in something. They almost seem one dimensional to me unless teachers use them in a more creative way. Flipcharts fill in what Powerpoints lack, and that is the ability for students to interact with the lecture/presentation. I love how interactive flipcharts are. I can see how students would be very excited to use them and learn the information they provide. Flipcharts turns the focus back onto students rather than the teacher being the only one talking and presenting. For deaf eduation I think they would be very useful. Deaf students really benefit from hands-on, visual activities. I think flipcharts can be designed in a very visually aided way that deaf students could respond well to.

No comments:

Post a Comment