The past couple of weeks I have had the opportunity to collaborate with other classmates on a resource wiki. It was a new experience for me, working working together via the internet rather than face-to-face. I can definitely see the benefits of interacting through the internet. You all have access to everyone's work. In other words, you do not have to worry about making copies or copying down notes. Also, you have the freedom of working on your own time. I found communication to be more difficult. While you can leave comments to one another, some things are more difficult to explain through only text. Therefore, I felt that there were some communication breakdowns that occurred because we are not all used to using this type of communication. Once, we are all acclimated to collaborating through wikis, I definitely feel communication will improve and group wikis will become more preferable to use with groups.
Also, I felt much more comfortable using a wiki than I had at the beginning of the semester. Now that we have had quite a bit of practice with them, I was more confident in what I was doing and had very little trouble maneuvering around and editing the wiki.
No comments:
Post a Comment