Friday, April 5, 2013

Digital Diagrams

This week's assignment was to create a digital diagram. In the current deaf classroom I am in, we use diagrams often. So, I was excited to learn about digital diagrams. I see some of the benefits of using digital diagrams. They are easy to save and retrieve later, hyperlinks can be included to provide more information, and pictures can be easily added to enhance understanding of the topic. However, this was not my favorite technology skill we have covered in this class. It was very easy and a quicker process than other skills, but I still feel like it is better for students to be able to draw out diagrams on their own. When I was working with the Inspiration technology, I found myself getting frustrated with it because I couldn't get the format just how I wanted it. I think the same thing can be achieved with paper and pencil in a much more efficient and faster way. The picture provided is the digital diagram I created for a 3rd grade classroom on the topic of rocks. There are two notes provided under the rock and sediment headings.

No comments:

Post a Comment