A place to capture my struggles and achievements throughout my technology journey.
Thursday, April 18, 2013
Digital Stories
I have never experience creating a digital story. I have used iMovie to do simple editing like cutting a video down. However, as far as the more advanced editing like adding captions, transitions, and music, I have never done up until now. I now feel very comfortable creating a digital story using the iMovie program. I discovered it is very simple and self-explanatory to use. Even if I were to try something more advanced than editing still pictures into a movie, I feel competent in my abilities to do that. I really like the idea of using digital stories in the classroom. I will be teaching in a deaf classroom, and I feel the deaf kids would really benefit from this technology. Obviously, the music added to the digital stories may not add as much as it would for a hearing student listening to it. However, having short captions paired with pictures or video is very beneficial for them. Also, it would be helpful to include a voice over. That way, students with more mild forms of hearing loss would have the auditory and written language. Here is my digital story that I created about visiting aquariums. Recently, I went to the Chattanooga aquarium and took these pictures. Many of my students have not been to the aquarium before so I think this would be a great way to build their background knowledge before reading or studying sea life or aquariums.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment